|Can you see the Torch?|
|There it is!|
- big bus advertising something red that I couldn't quite see
- a green bus advertising Lloyds TSB bank
- an open top bus with some dancers on top and someone saying something into a microphone that I couldn't hear
- a bus with blacked-out windows driven by a grumpy looking driver
- a bus advertising Coca-Cola with some more dancers on top and another inaudible microphone
- more motorbikes
- some healthy-looking runners in grey outfits
- some cyclists
- someone on pogo stick legs who could bounce really high (I want some of those)
- a big truck that turned out to be holding the BBC Torchcam
- Olympic flame
- runners in grey outfits
- cyclists in costumes getting caught up in the dispersing crowds.
News from the garden: Mr A replaced one of the posts holding up the veranda while I tried to combat the annual patio weeds and deal with all the other overgrown plants. Sad to say, our ceanothus is a shadow of its former self following the frost damage, and although it had some new leaves and a few flowers, it isn't looking too good at the moment. The wisteria, on the other hand, is making a bid to take over the whole end bed - next year the whole garden, then the world, I imagine. I attempted to teach it some manners last weekend, and we'll see who is the winner. This weekend it is just too wet for gardening, and I need to get some admin done.
|Before and after|
I will try not to leave such a long pause between posts in future, but I can't promise anything. This full time job situation is so inconvenient sometimes...