Wednesday 22 November 2017

Six weeks

Six weeks! and I can't remember what life was like before. There is dust everywhere - I make a token effort at cleaning at weekends, but dust-covered normality is restored almost immediately. There are lots of pictures this week, however.



First, the ceiling panels go up, followed by the walls including their extra insulation. The wall nearest the pub is far from straight - none of the walls is straight - but Ulf insists that it must be made straight otherwise the worktops won't look right. Running the best straight line means that the doorway into the rest of the house has to be moved slightly, which is fine because I have decided to replace that door with a new one. Ulf brings me a big thick catalogue for choosing doors and door handles, and I'm getting quite good at choosing things now. Practice makes perfect.

Week 1

Week 4

Week 6

Later in week 6
On Wednesday I came home in the dark (actually, most days now I came home in the dark) and the back door and French doors and windows had been installed! I had to wait until morning to get a proper look, what with there being no light in there. The partition wall acquires its plasterboard surface, and the plastering starts, in the utility room first of all.

Week 3

Week 4

Week 5

Week 6
The last thing to happen is that the perimeters of the room have been cleaned up to allow for the final cement filling before the floor is levelled. When I got home on Friday, in the dark, the skip was gone! I went round to the kitchen to see what progress has been made, and found that there were two fan heaters plugged in and running. I texted Ulf to find out whether they need to run all night, and he replied that it's OK to turn them off. That text message has saved quite a few quid on my electricity bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...