Sunday 28 January 2018

To Do and Have Done

Sunshine and cloud obscuring mountains and slopes
Probably Madonna di Campiglio, January 2018
I am a very task-driven operator. My lists rule my life. Having said that, it would be a shame if I couldn't relax while there are still things on the list still To Be Done, and I am very mindful of the fact that there will always be things on the list still To Be Done and sometimes you have to let them wait a day or two while you have a rest.

I have obviously been crossing quite a few things off the lists recently, the most notable being the word 'kitchen'. The building inspector has signed off the project and I've received a 'Completion Certificate' which I have duly filed. He didn't ask any questions, had a quick look outside and inside and the whole thing took no more than five minutes. There are still issues with the utility room tap, access to the stopcock, and the telescopic rails for the oven, but I have arranged for Kitchen Ylf himself to visit and advise. Ulf has been very helpful with suggestions of why the tap may have a problem and how it might be resolved.

Tester pots for kitchen paint are waiting for me, and Ilf has given me a few ideas about where I could look for wall tiles. He's booked for decorating towards the end of February. Cleaning and putting things away continues, but I'm getting there. The garden is in a right state with building debris littering the lawn, but the weather is too horrible at the moment and I'm not going out there until it gets a bit warmer.

Away for a week skiing - blog post to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...