Wednesday 6 May 2020

Nothing at all to report

Attractive but dead leaf
Paraty, Brazil, April 2019
There's so little to say that it hardly warrants a blog post. I'm fine, working 2 days, idling 5 days, still keeping up the running and the Zoom games and Zoom Buddhism and not feeling much like working in the garden at all. Or getting the stuff down from the loft. At the end of a period of such idleness I should be able to look back and say "but at least I got xx done." Doesn't look like that's going to happen based on the last week's activity. But today, with a supreme effort, I have made a start.

At work, I got a call to say that the Ward Dietitian's Assistant was off sick, so could I liaise with her in case she needs help. She doesn't need help - there are more empty beds in the hospital than at any time anyone can remember - but she is finding that seeing people on the wards takes a lot longer than it used to, what with having to put on all the PPE and take it off again all the time. So she gave me a pile of telephone follow ups for cardiac rehab, which was most interesting. I managed to do five of them, not all that well I suspect, but good enough. It was particularly nice being able to tell someone without diabetes that they could have fruit juice if they liked.

And that's really all there is to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...