Sunday 7 March 2021

Pandemic contributions

Iced cake with '30,000' written on it
30, 000 vaccines administered, March 2021
I've done a second vaccination shift in the Portakabin, which went OK. It was a bit hectic in the morning because between 8 and 9 a.m. we delivered as many vaccines as we had in the whole of my first six-hour shift. Word was that the other vaccination location in the hospital was closed for some reason, so everyone was redirected to us. Whatever the reason, we coped. At that point I was doing the 'reconstitute the vaccine checker' role, which involves checking everything that the person reconstituting the vaccine does, so I wasn't under as much pressure as some.

Halfway through the morning we had a visitor with a cake marking the fact that 30,000 vaccines had been administered by the Trust. Despite my contribution being in low double figures, I wasn't about to hold back on tasting the cake, which was very good. I also feature in the team photograph that was taken, although I was standing at the back with mask and visor so it's unlikely I'll be noticed.

Towards the end of my shift I was sent over to the other vaccination location in the hospital to be shown the new electronic version of the paper form that we've been using up to now. It runs on iPads and allows for more flexible updating of the questions asked, e.g. people's reported reactions to the first vaccine are now being collected when people rock up for their second dose.

Another Covid-related activity I've participated in has been a survey for which I have seemingly been picked at random by the Office for National Statistics. I completed one fairly long online questionnaire a little while ago for which I was given £15 for my trouble, and then I was asked if I'd do another. This time I was not only entitled to receive another £15 but was given an ONS-branded cloth bag as a gift. 

It was an interesting questionnaire all about how my life has been affected by the Covid restrictions - practical stuff about how often I go out and what for, how my work and social life has been affected, whether I'm likely to continue with some of the changes I've made, but also how I feel and how worried I am about various things, The first questionnaire also contained a whole lot of statements for me to agree or disagree with, many of which were the myths that have been circulating (e.g. 5G masts giving you Covid). It was an interesting glimpse into the Government's data collection strategy.

If you can guess what the bag contains and why it is suspended from my clothes airer, you will be awarded points. And we all know what points mean.

Cloth bag hanging from clothes airer with 'Shape tomorrow' printed wording

2 comments:

  1. Does the bag contain something which is drying after getting wet during the LTRP?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...