Wednesday 2 June 2021

The beginning of the end

Two bunches of flowers, an orchid and a box of posh chocolates
June 2021
Student Lola Life ended in 2012 with the End of the Beginning, as I transitioned from a student to a qualified Dietitian with a real job. Dietitian Lola Life started on the same day, and is now ending with the last day of my job as a Dietitian. 

In my diabetes workplace we had a celebratory lunch last week, and this evening I met my Dietitian colleagues for a pint and a pizza. We ordered our pizzas in the pub, only to be told that due to unforeseen circumstances there weren't any pizzas, but we could order our own for delivery. Having tried unsuccessfully to do that (no deliveries at the moment) we decamped to order in person and sit in an actual working restaurant - third time lucky. It was a lovely evening.

I'm not retiring as there is plenty for me still to do, paid and unpaid, but a new look for the blog is called for to mark this momentous event, not least in order to introduce a slightly larger font size. I hope you'll stick around - my new home is Lolatastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...