Sunday 15 November 2020

Water, water, everywhere

Pumpkin against a wall
Riverhill Himalayan Gardens, September 2020
I've done another three days volunteering for Lola II's Community Mediation Skills course, and it's exhausting. Mostly for her, but a little bit for me too. I'd do it again - which surprised Lola II - but it's not difficult and they couldn't do it without a tech support person. And there were cakes for tea this afternoon.

For my usual work I've attended two online meetings, one talking about the language that we as health professionals use when talking to and about patients (clients? service users? people with diabetes?) and the other about delivering our structured education. The latter evoked the familiar feeling in me where I yearn to be part of an innovative and creative team instead of people who are 2 years from retirement and just want an easy life. One of them has been in contact with a confirmed Covid case and has to isolate at home for two weeks, and I made the mistake of suggesting that the others might have to make their lunch break shorter than the current 90 minutes. It didn't go down well.

So I came home again on Saturday night, and it was good to be back. However, the rain has been pretty heavy, and lo and behold, water has appeared inside the kitchen again.

I'm very tired of this. Doors and Windows Ulf came back twice and it seems unlikely that the leak is through the sealed unit. Son of Ulf has been back and sealed everything he could find to try and stop it last time. My suspicion is that the rain only appears inside in the wettest weather, but is still finding its way into the roof space at other times. I have written to Ulf about it, but he doesn't believe it has anything to do with him, or maybe it has been caused by the ladder on the roof when the gable was painted. He's willing to come back and seal things up again, but I don't think that will solve it - I feel that it's time to look inside the roof space to see where the water is coming from.

Water, water, everywhere. I spoke to the new manager of Pub Next Door about all the stuff they'd left leaning against my wall, and how this needs to stop, and how I will get access to the garden now that there's a padlock on the gate. He helped me move all the stuff away from the wall and gave me his phone number. Today I noticed that more stuff had been left leaning against my wall, so I sent him a text asking for it to be moved (or the combination for the padlock so I could move it myself). We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...